Sunday, October 25, 2009

Aisle Opener

There is a bit of nostalgia when a bride walks down the aisle to the typical bridal march. But there is originality when the bride walks down the aisle to something a little less typical. The newest trend, and I do stress “trend”, is to have the wedding party enter to a hip hop, club rockin’, bootie smacking tune. I’m not sure I’m a total fan though. It’s definitely original and I give kudos to those brave enough to attempt the feat; however, I prefer the classy or sentimental stroll down the aisle. I mean who wants all eyes on the bride coming down to, “Baby Got Back” by Sir Mix-A-Lot?
So rather than criticize too much, I offer a few examples or alternative “aisle openers”:

Sentimental: "The Nearness of You" by Norah Jones
Sweet: "Looking in the Eyes of Love" by Alison Krauss
Sultry: "I’m Kissing You" by Des’ree
Classy: "You and I" by Michael Buble
Classic: "The Way You Look Tonight" by Tony Bennett
Tear Jeerker: "The Prayer" duet by Celine Dion and Andrea Bocelli
Whimsical: "Lucky" by Jason Mrax, featuring Colbie Caillat

Do you have a string quartet or musically talented friend? Me, not really…so why not utilize your locations’ sound system? Let the professional sing the song that recorded it. You save money while getting exactly what you expect..every time.

Have fun with your song and remember adding your own unique touch is essential to breaking away from the cookie cutter wedding. No matter what “aisle opener” you decide upon, make it yours, no matter what!