Friday, November 20, 2009

Thankful Diva

You just broke the heel of your brand new pair of Cole Haan’s, while the turkey needs basting and your husband just won’t pull himself away from the idiot tube for one second to let in your ever so wonderful in-laws, as they ring the door bell over and over…and you just have to say to yourself, “Yes, I am thankful”. I’m thankful for designer bags and good hair days and those mornings when I wake up and realize I can go back to bed because I don’t have to go to work. But really, I’m thankful for the people in my life that make my everyday a little more bearable. Yes, I’m an EPD, but I’d never be able to put on the tiniest of parties if it wasn’t for the local florist that knows me by name and helps me pick out a great arrangement…or my mom who sends along her recipe for pineapple au gratin when a dinner party just popped up…or the best friend that’s always willing to bring over a bottle of wine and get their early to help with the finishing touches.
So, yes, I’m thankful for my ever so perfect hoop earrings which are appropriate for every event, but I’m most thankful for the people in my life that make everyday more fun and give me a reason to plan events for family & friends. So, here’s to mastering the centerpiece and getting the lumps out of your mashed potatoes on Thanksgiving. Cheers!

Check out these sites for a little help on getting your Thanksgiving plans all squared away…

Center piece ideas:
http://www.bhg.com/holidays/thanksgiving/indoor-decorating/easy-centerpieces-for-thanksgiving/

Creative placecards:
http://www.marthastewart.com/photogallery/thanksgiving-table-settings

Even I can cook this:
http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/Pages/home.aspx